Eran Kahana, Special Counsel in Maslon’s Business & Securities Group, is an intellectual property attorney with a strong IT background and extensive experience advising clients in domestic and international settings. Eran focuses his practice on matters such as drafting and negotiating complex software, patent, and trademark licenses, joint development agreements, strategic partnerships, general and government procurement agreements, subcontract agreements, service agreements and a wide-range of e-commerce and cyber security related matters. Through his many years of experience in managing and enforcing global copyright, trademark and patent portfolios, he also advises clients on a wide variety of IP needs, including branding, enforcement and strategy.
Eran is also a member of Maslon’s Advertising & Marketing Group and has extensive experience in copyright and trademark law. He has substantial experience reviewing and negotiating licensing, agency/client, content and social media advertising agreements in
both domestic and international settings. Eran also assists clients with a wide range of aspects relating to their marketing collateral and branding strategy. His many years of in-house experience as senior legal counsel provide his clients with a distinct advantage.
Eran is a Research Fellow at Stanford Law School and a frequent speaker and writer on various intellectual property and artificial intelligence topics.
- Negotiated and drafted numerous agreements with various government entities for the deployment of their national identity programs.
- Negotiated and drafted a contract with one of the largest banks in Europe for the deployment of financial instant issuance.
- Negotiated numerous software licensing and equipment purchase and maintenance agreements with many of the largest banks in the world.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Cyber Security & E-commerce
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Advertising & Marketing
- Business & Securities
- Stanford Law School
- Research Fellow, 2009-present
- Hamline University School of Law
- J.D., with honors, 1996
- University of Minnesota
- B.A., summa cum laude, 1993
Eran Kahana LinkedIn