The InfraGard Members Alliance (IMA) local chapters represent the heart of the InfraGard network. At the chapter level, each member has the opportunity to join with fellow private sector subject matter experts and discuss issues, concerns and threats that impact the nation’s critical infrastructure security, as well as their business interests on a local level.
Membership is free and open to anyone interested in sharing information on threats, vulnerabilities to our critical infrastructures, as well as homeland security issues. Security practitioners from the identified infrastructure sectors are especially encouraged to join.
Benefits of Being a Member:
- Unique Networking Opportunities
- Network with other companies that help maintain our national infrastructure. Quick Fact: 350 of our nation’s Fortune 500 have a representative in InfraGard.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs).
- Peer-to-peer collaboration across InfraGard’s board membership.
- Information sharing and relationship building with FBI and law enforcement at all levels.
- Training and Education
- Naval Postgraduate School, Information Sharing Initiatives (ISI) training program.
- FBI, DHS, and other government security awareness training programs.
- SANS Insititute, local and online training and event discounts.
- Free or discounted local seminars and conferences.
- Gain access to a FBI secure communication network complete with VPN encrypted website, web mail, listservs, message boards and much more.
- Comprehensive suite of sensitive but unclassified FBI, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and other federal, state and local threat intelligence products and daily news feed.
- Access to iGuardian, the FBI’s cyber incident reporting tool designed specifically for the private sector.
- FBI accredited website with 24/7 help desk and secure messaging promotes communication among members.
- Timely Intelligence Briefings and Analytic Products
- FBI and DHS threat advisories, intelligence bulletins, analytical reports, and vulnerability assessments in real time.
- FBI and other government agency presentations to InfraGard chapters at member events.
- Best of all, there is NO COST to join InfraGard.
- U.S. citizen, 18 years or older.
- Consent to and pass FBI security risk assessment and periodic re-certifications.
- Agree to adhere to InfraGard Code of Ethics and Information Sharing Policies.
Applying for Membership:
InfraGard welcomes new applicants to join the membership and actively participate in the protection of our nation’s critical infrastructures.
To become a member of the Minnesota Chapter of InfraGard go to the InfraGard.org website and fill out the application.
Before you fill out your application, please read the InfraGard Code of Ethics and browse the other Policies and Procedures. As a member of InfraGard, you will be expected to abide by these guidelines.
Once submitted, your application will be processed as quickly as possible, and you will be notified of your InfraGard membership status. While your application is being processed, you are encouraged to attend open chapter meetings.
InfraGard is an organization dedicated to the protection of the United States and the American people. In order to maintain a level of trust within the membership, all applicants undergo a background check performed by the FBI. For this reason InfraGard membership is currently limited to United States citizens. Applications are then screened according to a defined criteria and then passed to the local chapter for final acceptance (individual chapters may have more strict criteria).
The following United States Government-issued Security Clearances are Qualified Substitutes for the records check required for InfraGard Membership:
- Top Secret
An InfraGard Applicant/Member may submit evidence of their possession of one of the above clearances to expedite the initial processing and periodic renewal of their InfraGard Membership.