Our friend, and old Programs Committee Chair, Simon Osamoh is hosting Church Security Workshops in the area over the next few months.
These unique five hour workshops bring together subject matter experts from the fields of church security, terrorism, group violence and physical security. The workshops educate on emerging trends in church violence, identify what we learn from the perpetrators and the ideology that leads to violence. How to create a security culture that tackles suspicious behavior and provide you with simples steps in “what can I do now to protect my ministry with the budget that I have”. The workshops will educate church leaders, facilities managers, security directors, ushers, greeters, business administrators and emergency responders along with those interested in protecting places of worship. As a bonus they are Minnesota POST Board Accredited.
- James Densley, Ph.D. Trends in Church Violence, “Learning from the Past to Secure our Future”
- Jarret Brachman, Ph.D. Inside the Mind of an Attacker, “The Motives & Methods Fueling Church Violence”
- Mr Simon Osamoh, Prevention Based Security, “Recognizing and Responding to Suspicious Activity”
- Mr Gary Essig, Insights to Action, “Practical Steps for Securing Your Ministry”
- Saturday, August 20 – 8am to 12:30pm at Salem Covenant Church (2655 5th St NW) in New Brighton, MN (register)
- Saturday, October 1 at Westwood Community Church (3121 Westwood Drive) in Excelsior, MN (register)