The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) invites members of the National Business Emergency Operations Center (NBEOC) and other private sector stakeholders to a webinar that will discuss how to prepare for the impacts of El Niño. The webinar will include an explanation of El Niño, the forecast, and a description of resources available to help the business community prepare for and recover from weather events.
WHAT: Webinar: Preparing for El Niño
WHEN: February 25th, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
WHERE: Webinar Link: https://fema.connectsolutions.com/fema-psd-webinar/ Audio Call-in: 1-888-320-4330; PIN: 705-807
Sign in as a “guest” with your name and organization. Please be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection prior to the webinar. Closed captioning will be made available.
- Welcome / Introduction (3 mins)
- Rob Glenn, Director, FEMA Private Sector Division
- Presentations (10 mins each)
- Mike Halpert, Deputy Director, NOAA/NWS Climate Prediction Center – El Niño forecast and potential risk/impacts
- Butch Kinerney, Chief, Marketing & Outreach, FEMA National Flood Insurance Program – resources for preparing businesses and homes for severe weather
- Q & A (20 mins)
- 2015 PPP Conference Summary (15 mins)
- Closing (2 mins)
Facilitator: Ron Robbins – NBEOC Lead Coordinator, FEMA Private Sector Division
Please feel free to share this invitation with other businesses and national organizations. If you have questions about the webinar, please contact FEMA’s Private Sector Division at FEMA-Private-Sector@fema.dhs.gov.